Earlier this month, I taught a sold-out holiday cooking class at Cooking 4 Life. We had a great time making roasted butternut squash soup, cranberry turkey meatloaf (you can find the recipes for those a few posts back), apple crisp, and maple Brussels sprouts. This cabbage and apple salad though, was the crowd favorite. I adapted this recipe from Cooking Light. Great side dish for the holidays and it looks festive too!
– 5 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds)
– 1/2 cup dried cranberries
– 1/3 cup rice vinegar
– 1/3 cup or less honey (adjust amount to taste)
– 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
– 2 teaspoons olive oil
– 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 2 1/4 cups thinly sliced Granny Smith apple
– 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Combine cabbage and cranberries in a large bowl. Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients (vinegar through pepper), stirring with a whisk; drizzle over cabbage mixture, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill 2 hours. Add apple, and toss well to combine. Sprinkle with pecans. Enjoy!