Did you know this February is the 50th anniversary of Hearth Month here in the United States? Heart disease is the leading cause of death in America, as well as the number one killer of women. Not serious enough for you? Heart disease claims more lives every single year than all forms of cancer combined. According to the CDC’s 2009 data, heart disease killed 292,188 women which accounts for 1 in every 4 female deaths.
What’s even scarier is your doctor may not be telling you everything you need to know about heart disease.
I recently had the opportunity to sit down with Dr. Mark Houston, author of What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Heart Disease. In this interview, we discussed:
- Startling statistics and why women should be more concerned about heart disease.
- Dr. Houston’s eight-step Integrative Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Program.
- How the big 5 “leading causes of heart disease” are misleading, and what Dr. Houston considers the real issues we should be concerned about.
- Why having low cholesterol and blood pressure isn’t enough and how you can still have a heart attack.
- Inflammation and how it leads to heart disease.
You can listen to the show by clicking here, or watch the video version of our interview below. This interview is short and sweet at just under 35 minutes. If you can’t watch the whole thing, I encourage you to at least watch Dr. Houston’s Shrek impersonation! 😉
Heart disease is a real issue for women all over the world so I encourage you to take the time to watch the video above, or listen to our interview on Elevate Your Energy Radio. Remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!